The HSX Access Process
If you have a healthcare application, platform, or service that does or would benefit from connectivity with health data, then a partnership with HSX Access may be right for you. A partnership with HSX Access opens the door for secure data sharing on behalf of a mutual provider organization, payor organization, or direct patient access. A single point of integration with HSX Access can prevent the need for costly integrations into the data stream of each new provider or payor organization you take on as a customer. Through its Health Information Exchange services, HSX is already deeply integrated into the work flows of our members, sending and receiving clinical data in real time.
The process for being an HSX Access partner is as follows:
- Get connected! Did you hear about us through our website? Through a connection in the digital health space? Do you have a new customer who directed you to obtain their clinical data through HSX Access? Let’s talk! A member of our team will meet with you to discuss your product, the clinical data that would empower it, and how you may integrate into Access to get connected to that data exchange.
- Sandbox Access: Request access to the HSX Access Sandbox, an environment where you can develop and test against our suite of Access APIs. The Sandbox contains no PHI, but mimics the data structure of production, so it is a perfect place to test out how your integration with Access could work. Innovators connected to the HSX Access Sandbox can actively test and develop solutions, which will be ready-made for production and market, saving significant time and development costs.
- Intake Process: You will complete our Intake Form and our Privacy and Security Review to outline the intended uses and protections of the data exchanged. The HSX Access team will utilize the Intake Form and other informative materials to obtain approval for the partnership through our internal governance process.
- Partner! Once approval for the partnership is obtained, we will move on to contracting and further defining the use case in preparation for integration and validation of data exchange.
- Integrate! Building upon the work your team has done in the Access Sandbox, our team will work with you to fully build out and validate the integration, and get you connected to production data to power your application for your clients.
- Ongoing Partnership. Once the initial build of the integration is live, the Access data will continue to power your application. Did you recently sign a new customer whose data is shared within the HSX network? Turning on data exchange for new mutual customers is as easy as flipping a switch – no more data integration obstacles for you or your customers!